Invisible Symptoms

Whilst I was prompted to promote the invisible symptoms of MS by the MS Trust charity I felt that it would be a great way in which to bring awareness to MS. I think this will have a greater impact on people as it is something people would only know if they looked into the subject. I will make a large portion of my website around this theme and I will develop a few looping animations to show some of the invisible symptoms. These animations will feature a character that will be involved in the problem. For example with the symptom known as the MS hug, a squeezing sensation on the chest, I will show a character hugging the person with MS. This character will have to be presented as a bad character in order for the message to translate appropriately. This will make a good explanation for the symptom without patronising the audience.

incognito  Invisible symptoms Invisible symptoms2

When initially looking into making a character for these invisible symptoms I took inspiration from the incognito man used in the incognito browser modes. This is because I feel this would achieve the desired effect. I think that by designing a character to appear in this style people would assign the same thoughts to it. This would encourage the audience to see that character as invisible, which would make them more willing to see this character as a symptom rather than a person. I believe this aesthetic will achieve the desired effect.

Invisible Character

I believe this character achieves the aims that I set out. I feel that this character will be seen by the audience as an invisible element that the other characters in the animation are not aware of. This offers an interesting way in which to portray the invisible symptoms to an audience that was not aware of these symptoms of MS. I also feel that this character will be suitable for animating in this project and is suitable for my target audience.